Schema Optimization is a topic that is confusing to even experienced digital marketers but has continued to increase in scope and value with it now being essential for most sites operating in competitive niches.
However, this rise in the number of sites using schema has also caused a steep climb in the awarding of Spammy Structured Data Penalties by Google against sites using this schema incorrectly. These new Manual Penalties have become the bane of site owners and SEOs alike and can stop a site’s traffic and visibility in its tracks.
In this session, with Schema Penalty expert Casey Markee, attendees will browse test cases on some of the most frustrating and interesting Spammy Structured Data cases the speaker has personally resolved. Learn how to find, unwind and prevent future similar actions from befalling your own sites and those of your clients and most importantly, learn when (and where) to ask for help.
Attendees can expect to learn all the following:
- Schema, what’s the big deal with Google?
- Popular Myths about Schema in a fun Jeopardy format.
- Details on the Google Spammy Structured Data Manual Action penalty.
- How to Recover from this type of Google Manual Action penalty.
A Little More About Our Speaker…
Casey Markee is the Founder of San Diego-based digital consultancy Media Wyse and the on-staff SEO Expert for SearchEngineNews.com and FoodBloggerPro.com. Casey has over 20 years experience in the fields of SEO & Digital Marketing and has trained digital marketing teams on five different continents.
A noted speaker with credits including Onward by Yext, Pubcon, Searchfest(now Engage), SMX Advanced, State of Search, MN Search Summit and more, Casey has over 400+ published bylines and is co-author of the Unfair Advantage Book to Winning the Search Engine Wars currently on its 260th+ edition and the OLDEST continuously updated SEO how-to guide in the world. Download it for free at SearchEngineBook.com.
When Casey isn’t traveling for a conference or working with a client he spends his free time with his wife, two kids, two cats, three dogs and a large assortment of horses and other rescue animals.
He believes Bacon should be its own food group. Follow him on Twitter @MediaWyse.
TicketsThis Event Has Ended
Date and Time
Thursday, September 20, 2018
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm CDT
The Black Sheep Agency
611 West 22nd Street, Houston, TX 77008
- Google Shopping Demystified - David Ogletree (06/2019)
- 10 Actionable Ways to Boost Your Video Marketing - Holly Starks (05/2019)
- 6 Steps to a Money-Making Brand! - Valentina Gomez Bravo (04/2019)
- Content Strategy and Optimization with Featured Snippets - Shelly Fagin (03/2019)
- Stuff Your Boss Never Told You About Google Analytics - Danny Gavin (02/2019)
- SEO Audits: From Beginning to Advanced Auditing - Bill Hartzer (01/2019)
- Live SEO and Site Audits! (11/2018)
- The Keys to Gathering Information to Produce Marketing Content - Terri Hoffman (10/2018)
- The Game Show Guide to Schema Optimization & Penalties - Casey Markee (09/2018)
- Big Profits, Little Budgets - Navah Hopkins, WordStream (08/2018)
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Large Scale SEO But Were Afraid to Ask - Keith Goode (07/2018)
- Unheard of Facebook Marketing Tactics - Rizwan Moton (06/2018)
- How to use Content Creation to Bring in the Masses - Stephanie Manley, Copykat.com (05/2018)
- Influencer Marketing and It's Role in Building Relevant Links, Michelle Stinson Ross (04/2018)
- Facebook Targeting + Chat Bots + Lead Generation Automation - Shelly Fagin, Highly Searched (03/2018)
- The Confluence of Search and Social - Maggie Malek, MMI Agency (02/2018)
- SearchHOU Holiday Party – Annual Networking and Marketing Event (12/2017)
- Build a 10X Brand by Creating 10X Content, Ronell Smith - Moz (11/2017)
- Blending Paid and Organic Facebook for Ultimate Success - Joe Youngblood (10/2017)
- Proactive Reputation Management - Tony Wright, Wright IMC (09/2017)
- Affiliate Marketing: Increasing Revenue and Growing Your Company, Adam Riemer (08/2017)
- Advanced WordPress Optimization for Marketers - David Vogelpohl, WP Engine (07/2017)
- Improving Local SEO Through Off-Site Signals and Technical SEO - Jesse McDonald (06/2017)
- Optimize Your WordPress Website For Speed and Conversions - John Peterson (05/2017)
- Scaling Search Marketing Through Tools, Data, and APIs with Brian LaFrance (04/2017)
- Cool Infographics: Design, Publishing and Promotion - Randy Krum (03/2017)
- The Art of Orchestrating Multi-Channel SEO Strategies - Joshua Belland (02/2017)
- Learn to Rock Google Analytics Like a Pro! - Jenny Halasz (01/2017)