Have you ever been on Facebook and saw a link to an interesting article and clicked on it… only to wait… and wait… and wait? Or maybe you clicked on an ad for a product you just had to buy but was taking forever to load. If you’re like John, you’ll wait a few seconds for the site to load, but any longer than that and you’re done.
In fact, according to the BBC, most visitors will give less than 3-seconds for a shopping site to load. Longer than that, and they are significantly less likely to buy. Significantly less likely to read, and significantly less likely to comment. Search engines know this, and that’s why Google has repeatedly emphasized that PageSpeed is a ranking factor.
During this presentation John Peterson of Develare will share the following actions that you can take to speed up your website without a developer:
- Optimize images: We’ll discuss multiple options for reducing image sizes by 50% or more.
- Cache away: Why make your web server do the same thing over and over? With caching, you can massively speed up your site by letting the server “remember” how to do something.
- Stash copies in the cloud: Stash copies of your images and scripts in a Content Delivery Network or a CDN. That way pieces of your website can be loaded up quickly anywhere in the world. We’ll discuss how to identify an SEO friendly CDN.
- Compress those bulky pages: Drastically reduce page size before sending them down the wire. Your visitors will thank you!
- Identify problem plugins: A few problem plugins can drag your whole website down. Identify which plugins are the worst offenders, and take action.
- Scaling Images: Stop wasting bytes by cramming a big image into a small space.
- Combining Images: Use sprites to load those icons, logos and simple graphics in one fell swoop.
- Why HTTP/2 is so important for PageSpeed.
John will cover several options for each action above. From free to fabulous, you can learn some of the best steps you can take to speed up your website.
A Little More About Our Speaker…
John Peterson started his business, and learned how to market by immersing himself in the community. In the early days, he was a strong developer, but didn’t know how to promote the company. Through business-oriented and marketing-oriented groups Houston and Dallas he learned critical business and marketing skills from the experts.
TicketsThis Event Has Ended
Date and Time
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm CDT
The Black Sheep Agency
611 W 22nd St, Houston, TX 77008
- How Spammers Succeed on Google and How to Fight Them - Joe Youngblood (06/2020)
- Leveraging Creative Tactics to Elevate Your Facebook Ads ROAS - Akvile DeFazio (05/2020)
- What should I optimize with schema markup and why? -Martha van Berkel (04/2020)
- Proactive Reputation and Review Management Webinar - Tony Wright, WrightIMC (03/2020)
- The Influence of Influencer Marketing - Mary Katherine Hassebrock (02/2020)
- SearchHOU Holiday Party (12/2019)
- How to transform your digital marketing agency into a broadcasting company - Mike Stewart (11/2019)
- Intro to ADA Compliance and Website Accessibility - John Peterson (10/2019)
- How to Rank with Social Signals, Lisa Stauber (08/2019)
- Summer Site Clinic (07/2019)
- Google Shopping Demystified - David Ogletree (06/2019)
- 10 Actionable Ways to Boost Your Video Marketing - Holly Starks (05/2019)
- 6 Steps to a Money-Making Brand! - Valentina Gomez Bravo (04/2019)
- Content Strategy and Optimization with Featured Snippets - Shelly Fagin (03/2019)
- Stuff Your Boss Never Told You About Google Analytics - Danny Gavin (02/2019)
- SEO Audits: From Beginning to Advanced Auditing - Bill Hartzer (01/2019)
- Live SEO and Site Audits! (11/2018)
- The Keys to Gathering Information to Produce Marketing Content - Terri Hoffman (10/2018)
- The Game Show Guide to Schema Optimization & Penalties - Casey Markee (09/2018)
- Big Profits, Little Budgets - Navah Hopkins, WordStream (08/2018)
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Large Scale SEO But Were Afraid to Ask - Keith Goode (07/2018)
- How to use Content Creation to Bring in the Masses - Stephanie Manley, Copykat.com (05/2018)
- Influencer Marketing and It's Role in Building Relevant Links, Michelle Stinson Ross (04/2018)
- Facebook Targeting + Chat Bots + Lead Generation Automation - Shelly Fagin, Highly Searched (03/2018)
- The Confluence of Search and Social - Maggie Malek, MMI Agency (02/2018)
- SearchHOU Holiday Party – Annual Networking and Marketing Event (12/2017)
- Build a 10X Brand by Creating 10X Content, Ronell Smith - Moz (11/2017)
- Blending Paid and Organic Facebook for Ultimate Success - Joe Youngblood (10/2017)
- Proactive Reputation Management - Tony Wright, Wright IMC (09/2017)
- Affiliate Marketing: Increasing Revenue and Growing Your Company, Adam Riemer (08/2017)
- Advanced WordPress Optimization for Marketers - David Vogelpohl, WP Engine (07/2017)
- Improving Local SEO Through Off-Site Signals and Technical SEO - Jesse McDonald (06/2017)
- Optimize Your WordPress Website For Speed and Conversions - John Peterson (05/2017)
- Scaling Search Marketing Through Tools, Data, and APIs with Brian LaFrance (04/2017)
- Cool Infographics: Design, Publishing and Promotion - Randy Krum (03/2017)
- The Art of Orchestrating Multi-Channel SEO Strategies - Joshua Belland (02/2017)
- Learn to Rock Google Analytics Like a Pro! - Jenny Halasz (01/2017)