What’s it like to be an SEO for a big brand? How do large organizations think about search and staff accordingly? What are the biggest challenges for large-scale global sites?
In this session, SEO Manager for IBM Security and Global Search Advocacy and Training Coordinator for IBM, Keith Goode will share his experiences with working with large enterprises, like HomeAway, Dell, and IBM.
- How do large sites scale their SEO efforts?
- What does a Search team look like in large organizations?
- How does search fit in with development and content teams?
- What role does brand play in success in search?
- How do SEMs, SEOs, and SMOs work together in large organizations?
- Big vs. small: how can smaller organizations compete with large organizations in search?
A Little More About Our Speaker…
Keith Goode is the SEO Manager for Systems at IBM and brings over 20 years of experience in the online sphere and over 10 years of experience in In-House and Enterprise SEO. He has worked for small and large enterprises including HomeAway, BDX, Dell, and IBM, and he has presented at dozens of conferences worldwide, including Pubcon, Cross Forum, and Clarity.
With an amicable and approachable presentation style, Keith is able to translate technical topics into easily digestible material as well as turn complex internal policy issues into straight-forward solutions. A big proponent of democratizing SEO, Keith helped build the Search Certification program at Dell University and regularly presented a Technical SEO class, and he currently presents internal learning sessions at IBM.
Reference Articles and Videos
- OMCP – Six Best SEO Practices
- Search Talk Live – Large Enterprise SEO
- Geek Powered Studios – Why is SEO Difficult? It isn’t.
- Clever Clicks Interview at Pubcon Vegas 2017
- The New Schools of Thought in SEO: Algorithm Chasers vs. Audience Pleasers
- Building Business Cases for SEO – #SEJThinkTank
TicketsThis Event Has Ended
Date and Time
Thursday, July 19, 2018
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm CDT
The Black Sheep Agency
611 W 22nd St Ste 201, Houston, TX 77008
- Stuff Your Boss Never Told You About Google Analytics - Danny Gavin (02/2019)
- SEO Audits: From Beginning to Advanced Auditing - Bill Hartzer (01/2019)
- Live SEO and Site Audits! (11/2018)
- The Keys to Gathering Information to Produce Marketing Content - Terri Hoffman (10/2018)
- The Game Show Guide to Schema Optimization & Penalties - Casey Markee (09/2018)
- Big Profits, Little Budgets - Navah Hopkins, WordStream (08/2018)
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Large Scale SEO But Were Afraid to Ask - Keith Goode (07/2018)
- Unheard of Facebook Marketing Tactics - Rizwan Moton (06/2018)
- How to use Content Creation to Bring in the Masses - Stephanie Manley, Copykat.com (05/2018)
- Influencer Marketing and It's Role in Building Relevant Links, Michelle Stinson Ross (04/2018)
- Facebook Targeting + Chat Bots + Lead Generation Automation - Shelly Fagin, Highly Searched (03/2018)
- The Confluence of Search and Social - Maggie Malek, MMI Agency (02/2018)
- SearchHOU Holiday Party – Annual Networking and Marketing Event (12/2017)
- Build a 10X Brand by Creating 10X Content, Ronell Smith - Moz (11/2017)
- Blending Paid and Organic Facebook for Ultimate Success - Joe Youngblood (10/2017)
- Proactive Reputation Management - Tony Wright, Wright IMC (09/2017)
- Affiliate Marketing: Increasing Revenue and Growing Your Company, Adam Riemer (08/2017)
- Advanced WordPress Optimization for Marketers - David Vogelpohl, WP Engine (07/2017)
- Improving Local SEO Through Off-Site Signals and Technical SEO - Jesse McDonald (06/2017)
- Optimize Your WordPress Website For Speed and Conversions - John Peterson (05/2017)
- Scaling Search Marketing Through Tools, Data, and APIs with Brian LaFrance (04/2017)
- Cool Infographics: Design, Publishing and Promotion - Randy Krum (03/2017)
- The Art of Orchestrating Multi-Channel SEO Strategies - Joshua Belland (02/2017)
- Learn to Rock Google Analytics Like a Pro! - Jenny Halasz (01/2017)