And Why It’s So Important in 2017
Back in 2009, I remember reading an article published by Aaron Wall. He brought a new SEO concept to the table that many hadn’t thought about – Google Favors Brands.
In Aaron’s article, he quotes Eric Schmidt on the subject, who stated:
The internet is fast becoming a “cesspool” where false information thrives, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said yesterday. Speaking with an audience of magazine executives visiting the Google campus here as part of their annual industry conference, he said their brands were increasingly important signals that content can be trusted.
“Brands are the solution, not the problem,” Mr. Schmidt said. “Brands are how you sort out the cesspool.”
So, if this is true, then why are so many SEO practitioners still messing around with the same tactics and ideas now in 2017? I’ll never forget when I heard the owner of an Agency I used to work at say, “SEO is not a strategy. It’s a tactic.”
How wrong he was….
SEO is a Multi-Channel Marketing Strategy!
In this session, I will go through the Multi-Channel SEO Approach where you will learn:
- The exact process I used to recover a major brands rankings within 3 months, after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last four years paying different SEO consultants to help them.
- Explain how advertising indirectly affects SEO. Brands that advertise have an edge.
- Explain how each advertising medium plays a critical role in the customer journey, and explain how Attribution Models work in Analytics.
A Little More About Our Speaker…
Joshua Belland started his career as a Houston SEO after learning the techniques to market his own business. With a wealth of determination and not a penny to his name, at 22 he launched his first business, and shortly afterwards sold it to pursue his new found passion in SEO. Shortly after, Joshua’s seemingly natural knack for SEO pole vaulted him into a career, affording him the opportunity to lead SEO campaigns for national fortune 50 consumer, B2B and e-commerce brands needing to build their search visibility.
After earning his credibility in the enterprise space, his creative (unorthodox some would say) approach led him to focus on ways he could improve SEO processes for businesses in small to midsized markets. His heart and passion are motivated through inspiring entrepreneurship into others while taking the time to educate local marketers in the Houston business community. Today, Joshua Belland is an SEO Consultant for John Moore, where he has experienced great success, while providing SEO Consulting to several other major brands within the Houston area as well.
TicketsThis Event Has Ended
Date and Time
Thursday, February 16, 2017
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm CDT
The Black Sheep Agency
611 W 22nd St, Houston, TX 77008
- SearchHOU Holiday Party (12/2019)
- How to transform your digital marketing agency into a broadcasting company - Mike Stewart (11/2019)
- Intro to ADA Compliance and Website Accessibility - John Peterson (10/2019)
- How to Rank with Social Signals, Lisa Stauber (08/2019)
- Summer Site Clinic (07/2019)
- Google Shopping Demystified - David Ogletree (06/2019)
- 10 Actionable Ways to Boost Your Video Marketing - Holly Starks (05/2019)
- 6 Steps to a Money-Making Brand! - Valentina Gomez Bravo (04/2019)
- Content Strategy and Optimization with Featured Snippets - Shelly Fagin (03/2019)
- Stuff Your Boss Never Told You About Google Analytics - Danny Gavin (02/2019)
- SEO Audits: From Beginning to Advanced Auditing - Bill Hartzer (01/2019)
- Live SEO and Site Audits! (11/2018)
- The Keys to Gathering Information to Produce Marketing Content - Terri Hoffman (10/2018)
- The Game Show Guide to Schema Optimization & Penalties - Casey Markee (09/2018)
- Big Profits, Little Budgets - Navah Hopkins, WordStream (08/2018)
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Large Scale SEO But Were Afraid to Ask - Keith Goode (07/2018)
- How to use Content Creation to Bring in the Masses - Stephanie Manley, Copykat.com (05/2018)
- Influencer Marketing and It's Role in Building Relevant Links, Michelle Stinson Ross (04/2018)
- Facebook Targeting + Chat Bots + Lead Generation Automation - Shelly Fagin, Highly Searched (03/2018)
- The Confluence of Search and Social - Maggie Malek, MMI Agency (02/2018)
- SearchHOU Holiday Party – Annual Networking and Marketing Event (12/2017)
- Build a 10X Brand by Creating 10X Content, Ronell Smith - Moz (11/2017)
- Blending Paid and Organic Facebook for Ultimate Success - Joe Youngblood (10/2017)
- Proactive Reputation Management - Tony Wright, Wright IMC (09/2017)
- Affiliate Marketing: Increasing Revenue and Growing Your Company, Adam Riemer (08/2017)
- Advanced WordPress Optimization for Marketers - David Vogelpohl, WP Engine (07/2017)
- Improving Local SEO Through Off-Site Signals and Technical SEO - Jesse McDonald (06/2017)
- Optimize Your WordPress Website For Speed and Conversions - John Peterson (05/2017)
- Scaling Search Marketing Through Tools, Data, and APIs with Brian LaFrance (04/2017)
- Cool Infographics: Design, Publishing and Promotion - Randy Krum (03/2017)
- The Art of Orchestrating Multi-Channel SEO Strategies - Joshua Belland (02/2017)
- Learn to Rock Google Analytics Like a Pro! - Jenny Halasz (01/2017)